Can a distributor give away free beer to a 4A or 4B licensee that has dram shop insurance?  Does the distributor need to have Dram Shop insurance if the retailer carries it?

Distributors are not allowed to give away alcohol – period.  Best way is to write a check and have the retail licensee purchase the alcohol. The retailer will be required to carry the Dram Shop liability insurance.  Distributors are not required to carry Dram Shop Insurance.

Matt Tanaka

Matt Tanaka is a digital marketer who lives in Chicago with his beautiful wife Laura and their incredibly lazy French Bulldog, Bento. He is an experienced writer, obsessive planner and firm believer in the ability of digital tools to connect brands with their audiences.